Question: Check over my work Human Relation's part 3? - Yahoo Answers
Which of these will probably cause frustration
A. Getting stuck in an elevator on the way to an appointment
B. Spending too much money
C. Deciding to take an extra hour for lunch
D. Feeling tired at work because you stayed out too late
2. Which of the following does not illustrate an effective way of coping with a major frustration
A. Leslie loved clothes and hoped to become a designer, so she quit her job at the convenience store and moved back to her
parent's home in Arizona.
B. Natalie was not getting ahead in her social service job and felt she was not serving her Latino clients well, so she became a
determined student of Spanish.
C. Cameron loved cars, but realizing he was not performing well as a car salesman, he persevered until he landed work as an
D. Tired of the long hours and low pay of his job at Burgers-R-Us, Robert began night classes in bookkeeping.
3. Which of these is most important to success in your job?
A. Socializing with your coworkers
B. Keeping busy
C. Spending quality time with your supervisor
D. Showing up and being on time
4. A fourth step occasionally required to repair damaged relationships is
A. communicating honestly and openly about the problem.
B. changing the behavior that caused the problem.
C. looking at the problem from the other person's point of view.
D. deciding that the relationship is worth saving.
5. The most difficult kind of frustration a person must deal with is probably
A. not being appreciated on the job.
B. financial frustration.
C. getting a poor grade after working hard on school project.
D. general frustration when everything seems to be going wrong.
6. Which of these is an example of a plateau period?
A. You're excited about starting a new job.
B. Your bowling average is stuck at 170.
C. You take up a sport you've always been interested in.
D. A community group invites you to become a member.
7. Saving some private time for yourself and learning to "pigeon hole" problems are two examples of
A. correcting a tardiness or absentee problem.
B. renewing your attitude through daily activities.
C. effectively handling plateau periods.
D. failing to accept responsibility for mistakes.
8. Your study unit notes that relationships, careers, and education are all processes. Which of the following
statements best explains that use of the word "processes?"
A. What goes up must come down.
B. Life situations are always changing.
C. What doesn't change remains boring.
D. When in a valley, find a hill to climb.
9. The first step in using time more efficiently is
A. studying how successful people use time.
B. limiting recreational activities.
C. developing a plan.
D. getting to bed earlier.
10. Which of these is a successful time management strategy?
A. Allow enough time to complete the activities you've planned.
B. Allow the same amount of time for every activity.
C. Plan for more activities than you can possibly do.
D. Make a schedule and stick to it whatever happens.
11. The most common listening problem is
A. assuming what the other person has to say isn't important.
B. trying to listen to two people at once.
C. not giving other people a chance to talk.
D. paying attention but misinterpreting the message.
12. The best source of internal motivation is from
A. coworkers' approval.
C. a good job.
D. positive self-talk.
13. A pattern of being late for work or for appointments is usually
A. directly related to one's personality type.
B. the result of unrealistic self-confidence.
C. a bad habit that can be changed with a little work.
D. a habit learned early, which is nearly impossible to break.
14. The condition of being prevented from reaching a goal by events that are beyond your control is known
C. a plateau period.
D. lack of motivation.
15. When we often interrupt a person who's speaking to us, we're likely to give the impression that
A. we want to hear more about the topic being discussed.
B. we're really interested in what the speaker is saying.
C. we aren't really listening to what the speaker is saying.
D. we're knowledgeable about the topic of discussion.
16. The most serious problem with aggression is that
A. it can cause property damage.
B. we remove the obstacle that is the cause of our frustration.
C. we aim it at people or things that are not the cause of our frustration.
D. it's sometimes necessary to change our goals.
17. A good way to spend a mini-vacation is to
A. use the time to reach a plateau period.
B. do as much as possible in the time you have.
C. do as little as possible in the time you have.
D. try an activity you're interested in learning.
1.b 2.a 3.d 4.b 5.d 6.b 7.b 8.b 9.c 10.a 11.c 12 d 13.a 24.c 15.c 16.c 17.d
Are you really that perfect?? ! :)
All looks spot on apart from Q1 when I think the 'right' answer is A.